Sunday, December 11, 2011

...falalalalaing by night!

Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas!! It truly is the most wonderful time of the year! Everyone is nicer and friendlier and givinger (made that word up) and cheerier and I just flippin' love it! I realized that I had officially grown up a couple years ago when it was Christmastime and I discovered it really is better to give than receive. It brings me so much joy to buy for my friends and family all the while not forgetting the true meaning of Christmas. I know very much so that it's not about gifts...but it still rocks my jock when I watch my nephews face light up after ripping open the gift I got him.

So to help make the holiday season that much jollier I decided to do my own Christmas countdown and I wanted to share how I made it in my organizy (made that one up too) way. First thing was to make a trip to the craft store and buy as much green, red and white stuff they had. Then I did the first rule of organizing: Clear the space



This is what I came back with:





Adorable!



Then I got to cutting. Since I had 5 pages of 5 different patterns and the countdown was going to be 25 days I did some quick math and realized it was going to work out perfect! All I had to do was come up with 5 cute Christmasy things I could cut out. I ended up with a tree, some ornaments, a gift looking like one, and a candy cane (which I am coincidently eating right now :)). I cut all the paper into squares to make for easier cutting and then stapled the corners so the paper would stay together. Does that make sense?:


See the staples on the sides and the bottom? No? I swear they're there.


I cut out little white pieces to write what that days activity was going to be. Then I stuck numbers on one side and the message on the other.




And finally I stuck little velcro dots on both the cut out and the green poster board with the number side showing so that each day we can turn one over and see what fun Christmas activity is in store for us! Then I put a ribbon on it and hung it up in the kitchen.



Even HTB gets into it. I love it! And there are stickers e.ve.ry.where! Isn't it cute?!  Fun, simple, and soo easy. I used alotta glue sticks and a little bit of elbow grease cutting those puppies out. I think I might have broken a sweat at some point, but it was totally worth it :) So how do you countdown for the big day? Did you make one or find a great one at the stores? Either way, it gets the job down! Now I must get back to my online shopping cause I'm too lazy busy to go to the mall. Happy shopping and Happy Happy Holidays!

**I am available for hire in the northern Indianapolis area. Please feel free to email me at organizerbyday(@)gmail(dot)com for further information. I look forward to organizing with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment