Tuesday, January 17, 2012

...on Island Time by night!

So unless you live under a rock, I'm sure you know headbands are HUGE right now. I've personally always loved them. It's a way to get your hair out of your face without having to put it up. My hair breaks easily so I don't like putting it in a ponytail. Hence why I luff me some headbands.

Even when I was a little girl I would always be adding things to mine. Sometimes it was an extra ribbon I would wrap around it, sometimes I would put my barrettes on them to give them something extra, and I always had dandelions flowers tied to them. I wasn't always the best dresser (who is when they're young right? I only won worst dressed like 8 2 years in a row), but even if my pants didn't match my shirt, my headbands always matched my outfits. Weird Funny right?

Anyway. So now that society has finally caught up with me and realized what I was doing in the 2000's was totally cool, I'm back to wearing my wonderful headbands with big ol' feathers and bows and flowers on them. I love it! I especially love the flowery ones (is flowery a word?). People at work always comment on them and I simply say "I'm on Island Time!"


Aren't they GORG?! (name that show) I think so. The only problem with my wonderful headband beauties though  was I had no place to put them. There's no good place on the sink without getting them dirty. And they're too pretty to put under the sink. So I thought "What is round around here?" (I was thinking round since the headbands are round)

*enter Genius Organizing Light Bulb going off here*

I was standing in my kitchen and looked around for about 2 seconds and set eyes on our paper towel holder. It was like it was saying "Use Me!". So I did. And a few other things...but not many:


I grabbed some VS bags that I keep around just in case I need to pretend I got a cool gift when really I didn't have time to get a bag use one for a gift bag, the paper towel roll, tape, scissors and two of these:



That's it people. I promise it doesn't take much sometimes to get organized. So I cut the middle of the bag out:


And wrapped it around the tube:


I used the scissors to put holes on either side of the tube. It was easy to line them up because of the stripes on the paper. I put the pins on each end of the tube and stuck it on the bathroom wall right by where I get ready in the morning. Then I put my lovely headbands through the holes...and voila!





Here's some side views:







See how it works? The pins are strong enough to keep it up for now, but if I extend my collection (which I tend to every payday), I may need to nail the tube up. Or maybe make a stronger one made out of something stronger than cardboard. Who knows though? This baby is holding strong:





Alright, who else out there loves these things? I get most of mine at Charming Charlie. Are there other great stores to try? Do you ever get too old for Claire's? If so, I'm at that age. Are there any styles you wish would come back that haven't already tried to make a comeback in the past couple decades? I think the bow tie is starting to make one. I fully support the bow tie!

* I was not paid by Charming Charlie to talk about their awesome headbands. I just luff them!

**I am available for hire in the northern Indianapolis area. Please feel free to email me at organizerbyday@gmail(dot)com for further information. I look forward to organizing with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment